[Xerte] [Xerte 2.n] Inconsistent display of hyperlinks between Xerte projects and Xerte pageTemplate projects

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 18 11:38:30 BST 2010

Try this

In Xerte create a new project, add a page, add a text icon to the page, then
add some text to the text icon. Mark up some of the text as a hyperlink and
add a valid url. Then preview the project. The page will display, the
hyperlink will look just the same as the rest of the text ( it won't be
underlined or in a different colour) and if you click on the link a web
browser will open and take you to the url specified.

Now create a xerte project based on pageTemplates, use a Plain Text page and
enter the same text and hyperlink markup as you did in the first example.
Now preview the page.

This time the hyperlink part of the text will display as underlined and in a
different colour.

Is there something missing from the standard Xerte preview engine that
exists when pageTemplates projects are used?

I have created a working page Wizard for the new Links page and despite
using effectively the same model as that used in the pageTemplates version
of the page I am getting the same result, no underlining or colour change on
the hyperlinks. I can force underlining by wrapping the hyperlink in <u></u>
tags, but it should not be necessary.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Johnathan