[Xerte] Change the global look custom look example files

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 4 11:56:24 BST 2010

Do you write code, or are you prepared to?

You will need to add some code to the template's .rlt file to remove the
existing interface graphics and then draw your own.

rootIcon.cleear(); //removes the existing graphics (not the buttons)
rootIcon.beginFill(0xFFFF00,100); //sets the current fill to yellow,
with alpha = 100
rootIcon.drawRect(0,0,800,60); //draws a [yellow] rectangle

rootIcon.createEmptyMovieClip('myCustomGraphic',
++rootIcon.levels);//creates a new movie clip
rootIcon.myCustomFGraphic.loadMovie(urlToYourGraphicHere); //loads your
graphic
rootIcon.myCustomGraphic._x = 100;
rootIcon.myCustomGraphic._y = 100; //positions the graphic

You can also inspect(rootIcon) and see all the things that belong to it,
and then do whatever you need,