FW: [Xerte] structuring LO's needing a topic hierarchy

Peter Snowball southman at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 27 23:16:13 BST 2010

Hi Julian
re 1.
I was thinking about navigation to pages (using Navtopage script from a
hyperlink)or an external Rlo htm.  So to make the wizard more user
friendly perhaps there should be
separate nav to page property and nav to url of external RLO property.
if you are using the menu to go to pages then the behavior requested is
desirable and if you select nav to page for the first link then the
behavior is the default. Understand  thats a bit complex but I think
having pages in the menu is desirable even if there are not very many.
They may just be provided the glue to link the RLOs together or the
external RLO may be a mode detailed presentation of information etc.

2. Thats great

3. Really just ease of user naviagtion. If you do not have many
sections, but a lot of links in say one sections and just few links in
the other sections. ie need the space then keeping the section choices
as close together is desirable rather than having a lot of white space
when a sections without many links is active simply because you need it
for one section.