[Xerte] user login issues

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sun Apr 25 20:30:47 BST 2010

Quote: the guide states (in case I was using IIS, that's not my case) I
should have changed index.php to switch.php

What is meant here, is that you replace index.php by switch.php, or more
to the point copy switch.php (or switch.txt) over index.php. Then you
don't need to specify the switch.php in the url. Explicitly referring
top switch.php in the url also works... (as you found out)

Regards,

Tom

Gabriella Pepe schreef:
> Hi, Patrick:
>
> the guide states (in case I was using IIS, that's not my case) I
> should have changed index.php to switch.php: I tried to do so, but it
> did not work. The only test I did not try was this one you suggest:
> directly go to http://myXerteFolder/switch.php: this way it works.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Gabriella
>

> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Patrick Lockley
> <Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
> <mailto:Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     If you have changed switch.txt to switch.php are you accessing
>     switch.php / or are you still going to index.php?
>
>     Switch.php just uses string comparison, so should only fail if the
>     strings aren't the same

Tom Reijnders
TOR Informatica
Chopinlaan 27