[Xerte] RE: New install problems

McDaid, Noel N.McDaid at RSC-NI.AC.UK
Mon Apr 19 14:57:54 BST 2010

Sorry, I thought you knew IIS and the snip quote reply to Adam.

Its related to this thread:

http://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/pipermail/xerte/2009-December/003554.html

I'm processing PHP via FastCGI rather than ISAPI which as you pasted here "The *only* way to make Request_URI work as a 100% Apache-Compliant server variable on IIS/Windows is to use an Isapi Filter"

------------------  SNIP   ----------------------------

Lockley
Sent: 01 December 2009 14:43
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: RE: [Xerte] XOT install - down the rabbit hole

I just googled and got

http://davidwalsh.name/iis-php-server-request_uri

Which has the same code in, but doesn't explain why IIS fails.

We've definitely installed in on IIS before - Ron isn't one of yours
IIS?

But the php page says

"The *only* way to make Request_URI work as a 100% Apache-Compliant
server variable on IIS/Windows is to use an Isapi Filter - as documented
at http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/291 . The various steps mentioned
below *completely* fail when a rewrite engine is employed, since IIS
will *never* return a non-existent path (i.e. the actual pretty-URI
used) via its server variables.

This also applies to accessing index.php via a folder.
For instance, calls made to /folder/ will appear as /folder/index.php
and not /folder/.

The fix is to use the ISAPI filter provided at
http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/291

You don't have to modify any of the actual scripts once this filter is
in place - it automatically intercepts calls to REQUEST_URI and replaces
them with the actual user-entered path."