[Xerte] Page wizards - text formatting

Peter Snowball southman at internode.on.net
Sat Apr 17 13:38:50 BST 2010

I've have used Page Wizards with great success for incorporating videos
and other material from a variety of sources. This often requires an
acknowledgment and a link to the relevant website of the source as a
condition of use of the material.   When I added a hyperlink to the text
in the template the link HTML formatting does not seem to be recovered
from the template. The workaround that I used was to add a text icon
with the appropriate link.

I also encountered a similar issue in the gap fill exercise where I
planned to have a number of paragraphs rather one continuous stream of
text but could find no way that I can insert a paragraph break.

I understand this might require fairly significant change to the
functions eg: below which the text from templates however I think it
would be a great time saver if  basic formatting could be retrieved from
templates.

{pageIcon.templateData.learningObject[0].textVideo[0]}

--
Peter Snowball
Dept Of Economic Development