[Xerte] New page wizard to enable customisable routing through a xerte project

johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 12 11:23:26 BST 2010

Hello Nigel,

When you download the page wizard file you should get a file called JK_PageWizards.zip

Unzipping this file should create a wizards folder with 6 sub folders, a)Text, b)Media, etc.

These sub folders need placing in the Wizards folder of your Xerte installation.

Once you have done this stop and restart Xerte.

You should then find that if you click on Xerte's Templates folder you now see the folders listed a)Text, b)Media, c)Navigators, d)Charts, e)Interactivity, f)Misc.

Click on the c)Navigators option and you will see that one of the wizards is called Routed Tabbed Navigation.

To verify this I have downloaded the current file and unpacked it, the wizard is definitely there. For the wizards to work you need the latest version of Xerte. Click on the Xerte Help menu and select About... the resulting window should indicate you have Xerte 2.10. If not you need to download Xerte from

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/

At present the page indicates that this is Xerte 2.9, but it is in fact Xerte 2.10 that is available.

Kind regards

Johnathan

PS For comprehensive information on how to use the Page Wizards download the pdf file from the Page Wizards page of the Xerte wiki.