[Xerte] Internal hyperlinks in Xerte Online Toolkit

johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 7 22:37:41 BST 2010

Hello Peter,

Sorry things have been a bit quiet on the page wizards front, I was offered the opportunity to retire early a couple of weeks ago and took it, so I am not at the computer from 9 till 5 from Monday to Thursday any more.

I will still be working on the page wizards, and monitoring the mail list, but response times will inevitably be slower.

Projects based on page wizards still store the page names and titles in the .rlo file, so if the code Ron supplied works for ordinary pages then it should also locate pages based on page wizards.

I have not had time to test it but I am guessing that to use the script that Ron has listed you might need to add a Entry Frame icon to your project and then add a script icon to that entry frame.

The script icon would have the following properties

isFunc = 1
name = navToPage

Then enter in the script section of the script icon

for (i = 0; i < extXML.firstChild.childNodes.length; i++) {
  if (extXML.firstChild.childNodes[i].attributes.name == args[0]) {
     rootIcon.gotoPage(i);
   }
}

As an afterthought. Whilst adding an entryFrame icon to your project should make the navToPage code available to all pages (not sure about pages nested in a framework icon), it may throw out the gotoPage(i) bit. You may need to try

rootIcon.gotoPage(i - 1);

I hope this helps. As soon as I get a chance I will try it out, but this will not be for a day or two. With my new found freedom, I am showing some friends around Nottingham and West Bridgford tomorrow :-)

I hope to make the new routed tab navigation page available in a week or so. This will enable the production of tabbed navigator pages that can include radio buttons that take the user to specified pages in the project.

Kind regards

Johnathan