[Xerte] Internal hyperlinks in Xerte Online Toolkit

Peter Snowball southman at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 2 01:32:08 BST 2010

Fantastic , the example is exactly what I was after.  As I am trying to
stick to the page wizards and add script (very newbie stuff) only when
needed i am not sure how to incorporate the rlt template files into my
XERTE rlo.  have looked athe help files and the wiki but XERTE seems to
be after an xwd file

To answer the question why.   Its really about non linear navigation.  I
have main menu with "lots of buttons" located over a graphic as a
replacement for an old HTML menu
Its too crowded so I now need sub menu pages etc and the whole thing is
just too complex.

  An accordion is a nice way around that access everything from the one
page etc.. and can have text  graphic explanation etc.   Originally I
was going to load urls a series of external rlo files.  I also thought
that it should then be the main menu for the external rlo so its all
consistent etc. which was the basis of the post.  If you extend this a
bit further you would have an accordion as a TOC which you can display
on each page (part of a frame work etc) this will give you nested non
linear navigation - not unlike Ispring(power point to swf ) which has 2
levels.

Peter
Dept Of Economic Development
Tasmania

On 2/04/2010 1:06 AM, RonM wrote:
> Pat
> It is possible here's an example
> http://mitchellmedia.co.uk/moodle/xertetoolkits/play.php?template_id=100
>
> It uses something like<a
> href="asfunction:_level0.engine.navToPage,yourpagetitle">Click here or some
> other wording</a>
>
> I discussed this with Julian previously and Julian posted a tweaked file to
> the list. I think it was the attached .rlt but I'm not sure if anything has
> changed in the Nottingham.rlt since or if the functionality is in the
> current download.
>
> Peter give that a try but backup the existing file first.
>
> HTH
> Ron

Peter Snowball