[Xerte] Javascript error / nothing happening

Neil Witt N.Witt at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 21:59:11 BST 2009

OK...after seeing the Xerte team in action at ALT-C (great session BTW) I thought it must be time to give Xerte a good going over.

Finally have the authentication sorted via moodle but now have another set of issues.

1. Login is fine to Xerte
2. If I click on any of the "See example" links nothing happens
3. If I select any of the "create" links I can input a project name but nothing happens when I try and create a project
4. If I go to the main project area and select "New Folder" I can input a folder name, nothing happens but when I click on cancel the Workspace icon and Recycle Bin icon disappear and I get the following

Message: 'document.getElementById(...)' is null or not an object
Line: 175
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://xxxxxxxxxxx.net/xerte/website_code/scripts/screen_display.js

5. If I refresh the Workspace and Recycle Bin reappear - the properties for the Workspace are blank

Any ideas? No doubt something really stupid.

thanks

Neil

Dr Neil Witt BSc (Hons) PhD FRIN FHEA
Head of Technology Enhanced Learning