[Xerte] detect/retrieve url of an LO

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Sat Sep 19 20:04:58 BST 2009

Thanks for the suggestion Dave

I did try something like that and just tested again using your suggestion.
When I try that locally I get file:///I:/xerte/test_templates/index.htm
<file:///I:\xerte\test_templates\index.htm>  but online via a toolkits
installation I get null. As Julian suggested I was wanting something like
server.com/toolkits/play_123 and to be honest that's further complicated by
the fact that the QR code and short url are generated at runtime, so even if
I could get this working it might give unpredictable results if the LO is
embedded or played via preview rather than the public url. So in short I've
left it so that the author just adds the public url of the LO or the address
of another site/page when authoring rather than have an option for the url
of the LO to be automatic.

Thanks for your help

Ron