[Xerte] detect/retrieve url of an LO

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 00:00:10 BST 2009

Hi Pat/Paul

Thanks for the suggestions.

I should explain what I'm trying to achieve: I have a template page that
automatically generates a short url and qr code from a url added to the
wizard. This all works fine. However I started to think it could also be a
page that automatically generates a short url and qr code to the public link
of the LO. (obviously will only work for users if it's public) I may just
leave it so the authors grabs that public url and adds it to the wizard but
it would be nice to do that automatically. It gets slightly more complicated
because the author in a f2f class might be displaying the LO via preview
from the toolkits workspace rather than the public url so what I really want
to do is dynamically detect the main part of the url but then perhaps
manipulate that to change it to the public link.

I'll try the different suggestions.

Cheers

Ron