[Xerte] LDAP

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 09:43:50 BST 2009

Hello,

You have a few options.

1)    If you have moodle on the same server, as your toolkits, you can
use moodle to handle your authentication (for signing on).

2)    If you have something else which can provide password checking,
then you can use integration.txt (in the root) to take values from
another system

3)    If you want to use a small number of accounts, switch.txt in the
root has functionality in it to have passwords and usernames hard coded
in.

4)    If you're brave, you can use demo.txt which has no passwords at
all, but everything happens under one user id. I wouldn't do this on a
web server that anyone could access though.

Also, you could write a non ldap authentication system, but I don't
really count that as a number 5.

Pat