[Xerte] rss page

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:29:46 BST 2009

Not sure bending your ear is the right description an award winning ear at
that! ;-) I did say that in most cases there is little value in exporting
LO's creating with page templates and importing into a vle as a scorm object
because there isn't any score tracking built-in to the page templates at the
moment. But that's different to someone exporting and importing into a vle
course for other reasons or uploading to a web site outside of toolkits.

Hmm yes but:

- user exports content; link to user's server rssproxy is included;

- user gives content to other user - given via toolkits problem doesn't
exist

- other user uploads to a completely different system - user changes the
path to the proxy file in the wizard first

- other system relies on first system - not if path changed first

- first system dies or changes - shift happens we can't cover every scenario
(as you've said many times) but there is a clear break at the moment with
the rss page when uploaded to a vle or web page

Do any of the other pages rely on the proxy file too?

Don't want to take up your time with this but if a full path to a proxy file
would work then I think having that as an option to add in the wizard at
least provides the opportunity for the page to work when uploaded to a vle
or website. However my quick tests last night didn't work with a direct link
to a proxy file so I'm not sure if there is code elsewhere that needs
changing too?