[Xerte] rss page

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 15 10:10:47 BST 2009

RSS proxy doesn't work in isolation, it uses settings in the sitedetails
table (set up during configuration) to find a proxy server it can use,
and it needs snoopy.class.php as well. So if your VLE isn't running PHP,
it's no good anyways.

So even if the code was changed to allow you to point at a file, you've
still got to open some files manually and change things (even if the
export brought snoopy.class and rss proxy with it), which unless you
admin the server you can only get from downloading the installer zip.