[Xerte] rss page

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 21:17:36 BST 2009

Hi Pat/Julian

This never occurred to me before but am I right in thinking that if an LO
created with the page templates contains an RSS feed page and is then
exported and uploaded to a vle or webserver e.g. outside of a toolkits
install then the RSS feed page won't work?

e.g. the rss.rlm has the following:

if (templatePath.indexOf('modules/xerte') == -1){

  feedURL = pageIcon.templateData.rss[0].url;

} else {

  feedURL = _level0.site_url + 'rss_proxy.php?rss=' +
pageIcon.templateData.rss[0].url;

}

I know the need for rss_proxy.php is due to the flash player security and
for the rss page to work online it needs to make use of rss_proxy.php but
I'm just wondering if there's a way of getting this to work outside of
toolkits. I tried adding a static path to rss_proxy.php on the server where
I uploaded a test and that didn't work. The same LO works fine when run
locally but is there a way of getting the rss page to work when viewed
online but outside of toolkits?

Cheers

Ron