[Xerte] xerte online toolkits install problem

Natalie Brown natalie at occumax.com.au
Thu Oct 29 04:50:11 GMT 2009

Thankyou for a tool that I think will be so useful to my practice. I
have installed xerte on my computer and have had not problem learning
how to use it.

I would now like to install the xerte online toolkits on a stand alone
computer but cannot get it to install. I have watched the install video
numerous times and I can't work out what I am doing wrong. Everything in
the directions works fine until I try to go to
http://localhost/xertetoolkits/setup . I get a "Page Load Error/ Failed
to connect" message and cannot finish the installation. I am running
Vista (is this my problem?) I hope someone can help me figure this out
as it looks like such a useful tool to use.

Also to the maintainers of the site I have noticed that there is an
error in the link to download and install XAMPP on the Online Toolkits
Page (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/xerte/toolkits.htm). You may already
have been notified of this but the text and link read:

Download and install XAMPP accepting the default settings, from

As you can see the "e" on the end of .exe has not been highlighted as
part of the link, therefore, you cannot click through to the page. Just
thought I would mention it just in case no one else had.

Thanks in advance

Natalie Brown MHthSc(OT) BHlthSc(OT) SIPT AccOT
Occupational Therapist & Director

Occumax Logo

Phone: +61 7 4953 5555
Fax: +61 7 4953 5555
Mobile: 0447 43 2255
email: natalie at occumax.com.au <mailto:natalie at occumax.com.au>
Web: www.occumax.com.au <http://www.occumax.com.au/>

Address: 2/175a Shakespeare St, Mackay QLD 4740, Australia
Postal Address: PO Box 11140, Mackay Canelands QLD 4740, Australia