[Xerte] XOT install - down the rabbit hole

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:52:23 GMT 2009

>Solution:

>In login_top, change the
action="" to action="index.php"

I would assume IIS would should
handle posting back to self?
It does, but it doesn't accept a directory ( "/" ) as a valid URL for a POST operation.When index.php is set as the default dir page, the URL is reported as the directory itself.

>For some reason, the XOT setup did not
pop that request when it wanted to set the session cookie. So, no cookie, no
session info,

>edit.php returns "". Set the
domain to accept cookies, all good.

Toolkits doesn’t use any cookies, the
session info should be stored on the server?
In FF, I've got a PHPSESSIONID showing in the cookies directory.All I know is when I set "Accept cookies" on that domain, it started working.Pure deduction, I admit. ;-)

>I've cruised the php and database, but
can't make out where the upload mechanism is pulling that path from. I'd
imagine the tail end

>of it (specific template_id) is being
passed in the session variables?

Flash_upload_path is set in the site
variables and is usually “upload.php?path=”

This upload file usually lives in

Modules/Xerte/engine and constructs the
upload address from the root path, then the page sought, which is constructed
from the $_server variable, so I would guess your $_server variable isn’t
right.

I'll take a peek.