[Xerte] XOT install - down the rabbit hole

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 13:55:45 GMT 2009

Regarding the issue below the line, for the archives:

The actual error message was -
HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed

Apparently IIS4 and 5 don't like POST requests that end in a slash /

The login_top file specifies the POST action as "", IOW to post back to itself.
Once index.php is specified as the default directory page however, the server sees the postback URL as www.domain.com/install_dir/

So upon submit of index.php, it is posting as a URL ending in /

Solution:
In login_top, change the action="" to action="index.php"

Dave

And here's another interesting one.

I added index.php to the default directory page setting so
http://www.domain.com/install_dir/
would execute without having to type the additional "index.php"

But when I hit logout now, I get a "Virtual directory listing denied" error.
So the internal scripts must kill the session and redirect back to the install directory, but it acts as if it does not recognize the default page anymore.

Weird, but true.