[Xerte] Importing HotPotatoes Quiz into Online Toolkit

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Nov 27 17:13:33 GMT 2009

> Is there any way importing Hot Potato quizzes into Xerte
> online toolkit.

I strongly suspect not, Ganesh. HP creates standalone web pages with
Javascript and CSS built in, and these are often awkward to import into
learning environments (eg WebCT) and development tools. You might have
to put the HP quiz on a web server and put the URL into Xerte so that it
appears as a link to the user. The main disadvantage of this approach is
that the user is taken into another browser window, but I can't think of
any other approach. Not that I'm a Xerte expert, mind...

You can create quizzes in Xerte but not of the same type as those in HP
- as far as I know you can't do Cloze or Gapfills or crosswords in
Xerte, though again I'm no expert and am ready to be contradicted.

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf