[Xerte] Text Entry Hints

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:57:15 GMT 2009

Glitch in the eval routine maybe?
In the second entry started to correctly type repair, but got hinted at "e".

I think it is a much more engaging way to handle it.
AFA the algorithm goes, I'd be tempted to throw it in the lap of a language development type. I'd figure there is some culturally dependent pattern of word formation/recognition that might come into play and have a set of rules.
e.g. Show consonants first? Vowels? Final letter?

Seeing this is multi-language, it would also be interesting to see if there were variations in the above between languages.

Reminds me of the "What do you see?" experiment where they took a painting of a bull and obscured it with paint spackle.
Very few north americans/europeans could identify it, but as they moved closer to the Mediterranean, the recognition rate started to rise.

But my favourite experiment is still Stanley Milgram's.