[Xerte] Text Entry Hints

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Nov 23 16:48:48 GMT 2009

There's no scoring.

I initially made it so that every time you hit thte hint button, you get
shown an extra button: trouble is, the hint button then gets to be like
crack and you can't leave it alone... so I want a way of making sure the
user is on the right track and eventually succeeds, but only as they
demonstrate they are in fact making some effort, and they can't get
there just by hitting hint time and time again.

This is a template specifically for modern langage interactions, so the
fill-in-the-blank could be used in many ways.

I like the idea of the b_l_s__t hint, adding in a few more letters if
the user remains stuck, but never adding them all.