[Xerte] Navigation blues

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 11:57:27 GMT 2009

Right on the head.
I'm still falling down on how the parsing proceeds then, and where/why parsing pauses.

>From yourself in the archives:
As the rlo file is parsed, it does things in this order:

- Sets up the interface
- Creates the first page
- Adds its child icons and executes any script
- Adds the next page
So I have
LO
  INT
    PG

and everything else is nested inside that first page.

So is this where I'm misunderstanding?:

When you say "Adds its child icons", you mean it adds it's direct children, no more and no less, then the flow starts flowing and what happens is what happens.

Once created, does it not persist?
e.g. Once I got to FW3.page(0) (using your instruction) when I try to navigate back to FW2.page(1), debug says it is executing, but no navigation happens.

argg.

Subject: RE: [Xerte] Navigation blues
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:19:54 +0000
From: Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

At that point FW3 does not exist. You are in FW1 on PG1. You can
call FW1.gotoPage(1) which will take you where you want to go…?