[Xerte] sub/super script?

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:23:38 GMT 2009

Subject: RE: [Xerte] sub/super script?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:15:59 -0800
From: Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk

> … I didn’t realize you
could create your own tags in that way. I was disappointed that the Flash
player didn’t support the <span> tag, as that is an easy way to
apply a style class. Being able to create your own tag accomplishes much the
same thing as defining a class.

Truth be told, I just didn't know any better. I tried it and it worked (except for the nesting annoyance).

You know the story of the Lear jet?
Lear was founded by Bill Lear.
You remember the 60's when the latest gadget was the transistor radio?
Lear invented that. He wanted to make a portable radio and the advent of transistors made it possible. The one block was the field coil. Common physics theory at the time said you could not drop the physical size of the coil below some ratio of it's number of windings. So theoretically, you couldn't make a coil the size he needed.

But Bill was a high school drop-out and never heard that theory, so he just wound one the size he wanted, and it worked. ;-)
He has a daughter. He named her Shanda. Shanda Lear.

-Dave

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009