[Xerte] model of XERTE

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 12 10:16:33 GMT 2009

I think I know what you mean. The paradigm for Xerte is similar to that
of the long-defunct Authorware: a series of icons with a start and
finish, and the program flows down the icon list until it hits an
instruction to stop or loop or do something else. It's the sort of
program flow I was taught in my computing degree, before OOP emerged.

>From talking to Julian I know that Xerte was loosely based on
Authorware, as Julian was an Authorware programmer who moved to Flash
and was looking to automate and simplify many operations. Still, let's
hear it from the horse's mouth - over to you, Julian (you're not very
horselike, honest :o))

Cheers

Fred

Fred Riley
Learning Technologist
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Physiotherapy, University of Nottingham
Vcard: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nursing/sonet/about/fr_uon.vcf