[Xerte] Editing tips?

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 10 13:58:08 GMT 2009

If you SHIFT-F5 or CTRL-SHIFT-F5 the currently selected icon in
the tree is set up for visual editing – i.e. you can position / resize it with
the mouse. In this mode, you can then select all other icons and move them with
the mouse as well.

It does not seem to get to that icon.The reload happens and flow halts at the interaction above that icon.I then have to click the button and the flow moves down to the original target.Now that isn't that much of a pain, it just doesn't seem to be acting the way it should, and in conjunction with the Draw icon double-click not bringing up the editor, I'm just wondering if either: Installs on Win2K do strange things, or I am doing something wrong.

That mode only kicks in once the selected icon is reached on the
stage – because if it was behind a button, you’d never be able to get to it
otherwise, as clicking the button would select it for editing, rather than fire
it’s response.
Hmm, as above, I have to trigger the intervening button, and then I get to the icon I want to edit.