[Xerte] Max .rlo size?

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 13:17:42 GMT 2009

Not really. People have built pieces many times bigger than I ever
envisaged and never complained...

I just ran a test. We have a 382kb file containing 5643 icons. It takes
163 milliseconds to parse, BUT only 44 icons are actually parsed at
start up, as  not all the icons are parsed when the piece loads, just
the first page and the other top level pages, but not their contents
until the pages are actually displayed.

Timing will be much more effected by the time taken to move the xml and
media across the network.