[Xerte] Authentication

Jeremy Hopkins Jeremy.Hopkins at bcu.ac.uk
Fri May 29 15:28:09 BST 2009

Hello Patrick,

No one has really seen it yet, but I think when staff do see it they
will like it. There are a number of benefits to using it:

It is a lot easier to work with than Moodle, for both staff and
students.

I have been informed that "drag and drop quizzes" have regularly been
requested in Moodle.

With Moodle, there is a tendency for staff to upload PowerPoint
presentations rather than use the Moodle components. I think that
situation will improve with Xerte.

There is a lot of duplication across our (seven) Moodle instances. Xerte
would help reduce that with common pieces of content being more easily
shared / maintained. If a versioning system were added that would be
even better. If it could be hooked into Moodle as a repository (Moodle 2
makes a number of applications available as repositories) that would be
even better!

Jeremy