[Xerte] MAXOS_102a - Available for Testing

Rochford, Thomas t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Thu May 28 22:36:38 BST 2009

Dear Xerte Enthusiasts,

I have now managed to implement a version of MAXOS (Moodle & Xerte On a
Stick) which includes the accessibility features and the Shift Play feature
and is able to import files. Thanks to Patrick and Tianna for pointing me in
the right direction for the latter (I did a complete re-install of toolkits
and then adjusted the Apache php.ini file and that fixed it - I think)

The new version can be downloaded from

http://www.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/RSC_files/technical/maxos/maxos_102a.zip

Once I've had a number of confirmations that this works correctly, I'll
replace the current version and it will be renamed maxos_102.

If you do have time to test it, please check the following:

1) That the Shift-Play works
2) That the Keyboard Drag'n'Drop for categories works
3) That you can import a zipped scorm file which has been exported from
another version of Xerte

There are still issues with Skype and any other software which runs a service
on port 80, but you probably know about these already.

I have only been able to test this under windows Vista Ultimate so if there
are any problems with other Windows Operating systems, I need to know.

Kindest Regards,
Thomas

RSCs - Stimulating and Supporting Innovation in Learning

Book Your Place Now!: e-Fair 2009 is at Epping Forest College, Loughton on
3rd July
http://info.rsc-eastern.ac.uk/events/event_details.asp?eid=558
RSC Eastern welcomes feedback on our services via
support at rsc-eastern.ac.uk.
Keep up to date with e-bytes for free
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/e-bytes.html

Thomas Rochford
e:Learning Advisor, Infrastructure & Learning Technologies
JISC Regional Support Centre - Eastern
Anglia Ruskin University, CU House, Southernhay, Basildon, SS14 1EZ
Eml: t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Mob:  07500 669 002
Fax: 01223 563142
Skype: cambridge.serendipity