[Xerte] Xerte on a Stick

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Thu May 28 10:08:51 BST 2009

I found lots of emails on running Xerte toolkits on an IIS Server but not
about stopping IIS running on a laptop with Vista and IE8  - sorry -  is
there a trick to stopping IIS?   I could not find anything on the subject
other than a forum note that suggested this action

"You can access Services via running MMC (Start ... Run ... MMC) then
Add/Remove snap-ins and add the Services snap in."

Works like a dream on my old XP desktop running IE6 so will work on that
despite it being horribly slow.  Many thanks for all the help.

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan

Learning Societies Lab,

ECS, University of Southampton,