[Xerte] error exporting

Rochford, Thomas t.rochford at rsc-eastern.ac.uk
Wed May 27 18:47:54 BST 2009

Hi Patrick and Tianna,

As you may guess from the time it has taken to reply, the answer is 'not very
well'.

I had already guessed that the controlling php.ini was in the apache
directory, but I upped everything to 99M from the 32M that was already there
- It's trying to allocate 12M, so the message in my case indicates that it
has already run out of memory. Increasing it to 99M made no difference, I
still got exactly the same error.

I then googled the error message and it suggested that I add the following
line at the top of the offending script

Ini_set("memory_limit","80M");

I tried this in three files. If I put it just after the case statement in
'dUnzip2inc.php' or at the top of 'import.php' after the include statements,
I get an error message that the import function will only import Xerte files
(I just exported the file from my current version of Xerte onto the USB drive
to make sure this was the case - so I know the export function is working).

The exact message is:

File Transfer failed. ****Only Xerte templates are currently imported

Still, something has changed ....

Kindest Regards,

Thomas

Thomas, let us know how you get on then J