[Xerte] Init Object in Slideshow page

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu May 21 09:52:17 BST 2009

It's an advanced property for sending data into Flash movies. We use it
a lot when using Page Templates to do a lot of the heavy lifting on a
project, but where we want finer control of things.

A nestedpage can hold text and graphics. The graphic file could be a
flash movie. Sometimes, you want to be able to allow the wizard user to
provide data to that flash movie. initObject allows you to do that. You
write a shorthand object inot the initObject property:

{name: 'Julian', age: 21}

And that object is passed to a function called init in the flash movie:

function init(obj){

  debug(obj.name);

  debug(obj.age);

}

This function is automatically called when the flash movie loads, so the
wizad user can control what the flash movie does.

Thanks,