[Xerte] How to use transcript reader--instructions?

jventola at verizon.net jventola at verizon.net
Wed May 20 19:36:06 BST 2009

Has anyone produced instructions for using the transcript reader page? I don't see anything
in the Help file, but maybe it doesn't cover the page templates.

The demo (http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/play_560) shows stanzas of a poem
highlighed in sync with the mp3. I assume there is only one mp3 file involved because when I
use the Nottingham Templates to experiment, I see a sync button.  I assume you enter  the
number of seconds for the next sub page to be shown.  But I'm not getting it, and I am not
sure how to proceed.

What is the workflow for the transcript reader?  And are there size constraints I should bear
in mind? Should I break the reading up into different mp3 files for easier/faster performance
for the end user?

Thanks.