[Xerte] walkthrough for installing toolkits

RonM ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Wed May 20 19:13:31 BST 2009

Pat may beat me to this response but here goes anyway...

What do you see if via cpanel you access phpMyAdmin - you should see a
toolkits database as you created it but does it have any tables? If it has
tables does the sitedetails table have any entries?

I suspect you either have no tables or the insert into sitedetails didn't
work.

You say "I created a user account on the next screen". The only account the
installer created via the installer is the admin account for access to
management.php.

If you're using cpanel my recommendation would be as follows:

1. Using cpanel select the mySql databases icon.

2. Create a new mysql user (and password) specifically for toolkits and make
a note of the full username and password and the full database name.
(you'll often find that both database name and username are automatically
prefixed by your account name e.g. full database name equals:
youraccountname_toolkits)

3. Select Add user to database and give that mysql account full access to
the toolkits database

4. run toolkits setup and use the database and mysql account details

You'll know if setup has completed if you get success messages on the last
page.