[Xerte] How to make use of the Glossary?

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Tue Mar 31 22:34:24 BST 2009

Hello all,

I'm attempting to make use of the Glossary feature in Xerte 2.5, and I'm
not sure just how to do it. The Help file says you add a term to the
Glossary by using Glossary.addTerm('My Term', 'My Term Definition'); and
"Items added to the glossary are automatically highlighted in text
icons. When the user clicks on the link, the term and definition are
shown."

I have added a term, but it is not highlighted on the text icon on which
it appears. I placed my script icon with Glossary.addTerm('NADA',
'National Auto Dealers Association'); to a setup icon that is attached
to the Learning Object icon. Should it go somewhere else, or has the
functionality of the Glossary changed since the Help file was written?
Do I need to add a button that launches showGlossary() or something?

 Paul Swanson
 Instructional Designer
 Harland Financial Solutions
 800.274.7280 Ext. 2462