[Xerte] login_library.php Script Modifications Regarding LDAP

Vince Byfield vince.byfield at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 19:59:58 BST 2009

The 'xerte_author' account is temporary for development. Using dsa.msc to
access the Active Directory on the Windows 2008 Server I find the first and
last name fields populated ('Xerte' and 'Author' respectively). Upon
deployment we will have multiple users, ideally within multiple user groups,
maintained within Active Directory.

Presently we have several clients, each with multiple users, some of which
will be authorized to author content. These users are currently maintained
in a customized MSSQL database (i.e. not Active Directory). Originally I was
planning to bypass LDAP and auto-login to Xerte Toolkits via customized
MSSQL queries within a modified login_library.php. Then I ran into what
appeared to be additional LDAP queries coming from other script files and
that, combined with your comment about MSSQL and LDAP not being alternatives
and the additional benefits I've since read about since on LDAP encryption I
thought it best to stay within LDAP.

What do you think, Pat?