[Xerte] Inclusion of close captions on video files anduseofplaylists

E.A. Draffan ea at emptech.info
Mon Mar 23 20:51:56 GMT 2009

Sorry to ask but are you sure JWPlayer will be as accessible as the XERTE
option from the point of view of a keyboard users?  We have had to add HTML
tags to make sure it is accessible in all browsers such as Firefox, Opera,
Google Chrome and Safari. The keyboard access works in Internet Explorer but
not always in the other browsers. See example
http://www.lexdis.org/strategy/62  Our method of handling the difficulty is
fairly basic but I am not sure if there is another option at the moment.  I
know folks in Washington University have been looking at the same issue.

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
Learning Societies Lab,
ECS, University of Southampton,