[Xerte] Specifying size of video files

Johnathan Kemp johnathan.kemp at cxstaffs.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 10:34:35 GMT 2009

Hello Julian,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not sure what you mean by "bud" but
given that the main download link on the Xerte home page states it was
last updated on Feb 10th I am guessing you are referring to subversions.
I took a look in your Xerte archives but could not find any details how
to download from CVS.

I found my way to http://code.assembla.com/xerte/subversion/nodes

Clicking download resulted in my downloading a 54mb zip file that
appears to contain the whole project, but not in a structure that
mirrors the files installed when setup.exe is run

So I clicked on the "need more instructions" link and then on the "Copy
this space" link and I am now the proud owner of some free space on
Assembla, though I'm not sure how to make use of it.

I am not sure how this relates to using Tortoise CVS. I am still
somewhat new to CVS, I've used it for Moodle, but that was for a
straight swapping out of files rather than with an application installed
by a .exe file. The Moodle site provided the settings to enter into
Tortoise and the download of files just happens when you select to
Checkout in Tortoise. With Moodle there is a user account provided that
has only download permissions for the cvs.

Can I confirm the settings I should be putting into Tortoise CVS in
order to check out the latest sub version.

CVSROOT: http://svn.assembla.com/svn/xerte
Protocol: ?
Protocol parameters: ?
Server: ?
Repository folder //svn.assembla.com/svn/xerte
User name: ?

Once I download the sub version will this provide me with a new .exe
file to install, or do I simply swap into my current installation more
recent versions of matching files, in order to update my installation.

I'm sorry if this sound dumb but it's all very new.

Kind regards

Johnathan

Johnathan Kemp
IT Dev. Manager