[Xerte] developing a custom interface

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 23 09:50:24 GMT 2009

You should be able to find out the LO title through

_level0.contentXML.firstChild.attributes.name;

To find the name of the current page you will need:

//you need n, the current page number - your interface should know what
that is
//you also need to know the xmlNode of the interface icon:

ifcNode = _level0.contentXML.firstChild.getChildByName('Interface');

then you can get the page title by

ifcNode.childNodes[n].attributes.name;

//remember childNodes[0] will be the entryFrame, so for the first page
you want ifcNode.childNodes[1].attributes.name; //not 0

There are several ways to skin this cat - you could also listen for
onPageOpen / onPageClose events and call a function in your swf to
update the data from Xerte, but the way above is cleaner as your swf can
manage itself,

How have other people done this?