[Xerte] swf won't play

Gregory P Sweet gps03 at health.state.ny.us
Tue Mar 17 14:47:46 GMT 2009

I have limited access to the swf source code. It's a swf created using
Captivate. I've got almost no oop experience (it took me a long time and
several classes to get proficient with Aware code) so "listening for an
event"? You might as well have said jabberwock for a woozle as it would
have had just as much meaning for me. I was looking to do this without
code, i.e exactly like using a wait icon in Authorware would let you do
this without code.

I've got almost four days invested and haven't been able to get the
simplest little thing to work, i.e., getting the flow to wait for a mouse
click,  so you might imagine my fustration levels are reaching critical.

xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk wrote on 03/16/2009 05:06:45 PM:

> You have control of the swf source code, right?
>
> When you load the swf as a graphic into iconID, you will get an
> onLoad event fire. You can listen for that using an interaction icon
> and an event response. Then you can access the main timeline of your
> swf using the iconID.clip property.
>
> So in the event handler you ought to be able to do iconID.clip.
> play(), unless anything inside the swf is stopping it,

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.