[Xerte] Using toolkits with LDAP

Patrick Lockley Patrick.Lockley at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 10:25:03 GMT 2009

I'm not an LDAP expert, so I've just used some standard code.

Xerte does know what to look for, but it's possible that the structure
that's worked previously is different from yours.

If there are any settings that are different, you'll find them in the
valid_login function in website_code/php/login_library.php.

The only fixed strings are

$ldap_filter_attr = 'sAMAccountName';

$ldap_search_attr = array('firstname' => 'givenname', 'lastname' =>
'sn');