[Xerte] Problems Embedding Interactive Flash Animations

Gavin Reynolds GREYNOLDS at col-westanglia.ac.uk
Tue Jun 9 15:51:18 BST 2009

Hi All!

I have just started 'playing around' with Xerte and have repurposed some previously created learning materials. So far everything seems to be working well and it appears to be a very effective and useful tool!

Here's the problem...I downloaded the pageTemplates.xtp file and have hit a bit of a wall! I have no problem with creating many different question types and embedding video/images/text etc. However when I try to embed an interactive flash document using the template wizard it takes away any interaction that is included in the animation thus making it useless!

I have had a look into the code behind this and have looked into the textSWF.rlm included in the models folder and have noticed that the swf is being treat as a graphic rather than a component and I feel that this may be the problem. I have already tried to change this code to use a component and have so far failed...Does anyone have any ideas of how I could fix this?

Kind Regards

Gavin Reynolds
Multimedia Content Developer
ILT Development Unit
The College of West Anglia, Isle Campus - B9
Tel: 01945 582561 Ext. 232
greynolds at col-westanglia.ac.uk <mailto:greynolds at col-westanglia.ac.uk>

Ofsted, the Government`s inspection body for schools and colleges, rates The College of West Anglia as "Outstanding". Read their report on our website: www.col-westanglia.ac.uk
are addressed. If you have received this email in error you must take no action based on them - nor must you copy or show them to anyone.  Please notify the College of West Anglia via email to groups-support-itservicedesk-kl at col-westanglia.ac.uk.

This email contains the views of the sender and may not be representative of the views of The College of West Anglia.