[Xerte] Online Toolkits Installation instruction

Niall Watts niall.watts at ucd.ie
Tue Jun 9 15:46:23 BST 2009

I'm interested in using Xerte Online Toolkits. Are there any installation
instructions? I can't find any on the website and readme.txt is blank

I presume I need to edit config.php to connect to a mySQL database but would
need some advice
I have a reasonable knowledge of PHP.

I have been using Flash and Flash-based tools to develop content but would
like to change to an open source project.
Ideally one that academic staff with no development skills can use.
First, I would like to try it on a project - with MCQ, Fill in blank, hot
spot and open questions. Text, video and images
but first I need to install it

Hope you can help

Niall Watts
Educational Technology Officer