[Xerte] Changes for Non-LDAP Login

Chris Peachment cpeachment at ononbb.com
Tue Jun 2 20:34:03 BST 2009

I have made a small number of changes to a copy of the xerte
online toolkits version 1.0.2 that is running on my Linux server.

These changes permit user login without requiring an LDAP server.
They include:

1. addition of a password attribute to the logindetails table.
2. alterations to the files:
	xerte/index.php
	xerte/website_code/php/login_library.php

3. manual insertion of user records into logindetails since
there is no user interface as part of the toolkit.

These changes are rudimentary and have been tested far enough
to demonstrate creation / export of content. It is likely that
other changes will be required to cope with login events from
other access points (e.g. play).

My question is: how do you want me to publish/present these
changes for your review and possible addition to the standard
distribution?

Regards, Chris Peachment