[Xerte] Updating IconIDs

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jul 27 09:18:24 BST 2009

You can't use a number as an iconID. You need something valid, like
id100.

References are not updated, no. The way to minimise any disrtuption is
to be a bit more dynamic in your code:

myIcon = Icon.parentNode().clip(); //returns the page icon the script is
in

myIcon.blah

that way, you don't need to actually give icons IDs quite a lot of the
time.

Set embedVars to 1 to have 'Hello {forename} {surname}, how are you
today?' work in a display icon. If those values change, you can update
the display icon with your code:

myDisplayIcon.setText(myIcon.rawText); //or something like that...
...maybe a iconID.refreshText() method would be useful