[Xerte] Page display issues: 179

Matthew Leach M.Leach at derby.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 12:59:53 BST 2009

We use a modified version of the XMLEngine, but the only things changed were text positions and border heights.  I don't know anything about custom interfaces (but that's probably something I should have looked at).

To test I created a project from a template with 186 plain text pages, published it to HTML, and then swapped around the engine files.

 *   The original XMLEngine that came with 2.5.4 could not view page 179
 *   Our modified XMLEngine could also not view page 179
 *   The new XMLEngine from the svn repository could view the page normally.

A few points to note:

 *   In the contents window, the page is always listed as: 178, undefined
 *   When you jump to the page from the contents window, the page title remains as the last page visited
 *   If you open the table of contents window after passing the 179 mark, then it is drawn underneath the page's contents.

I'm not sure which version of the files the online toolkit uses currently, but the version I downloaded also has the faulty XMLEngine.

Whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed now, so just something to be aware of.

It was the demo of Xerte 3 that I found particularly interesting.

Cheers,

Matthew