[Xerte] Altering Stage Size

Garry Lunn garry.lunn at tic.ac.uk
Wed Jul 22 10:37:27 BST 2009

Hi Patrick,
I work with Jeremy and he posted this question on my behalf.

I've had limited success using this technique but failed on the
importing of the zip or RLO file. Here's what I did.

1. Created a new project in Xerte Online toolkit.
2. While the project was highlighted, I selected the "properties" button
and the "Export" tab.
3. Clicked the "Export SCORM" link and saved the zip package to my hard
drive.
4. Unzipped the package and double clicked the "learningobject.rlo".
5. In the desktop version of Xerte I added the stage size and set it to
1018,682.
6. Viewed the project and the stage size had changed to the desired
settings.
7. Saved the project and Zipped the entire project using ZipCentral.
8. Using Xerte Online toolkit, selected "workspace" folder and clicked
the "Properties" button and then the import tab.
9. I tried to import the zip package but an error message appeared,
"File transfer has failed.****Only Xerte templates are currently
imported."
10. So I tried to import the "learningobject.rlo" file but this failed
too.

Where am I going wrong?

Regards, Garry

Team Leader: E-learning Development and Support
Technology, Innovation and Development
Birmingham City University