[Xerte] Anti Spam

Jeremy Hopkins Jeremy.Hopkins at bcu.ac.uk
Tue Jul 21 16:52:09 BST 2009

Hello,

I have started receiving spam since joining the Xerte mailing list, that
may be coincidence, or it is possible they got my address from another
source, but, regardless of that I I see my mail address is indexed in
google, the only precaution being  to replace @ with "at".

Personally I do not think that is enough, it is such a common trick any
self respecting spammer would harvest those and take a punt on them
being a mail address.

Is it possible to remove the domain from the addresses, add some more
text to the address, or drop the list in favour of a forum?

Sorry to be a whinge.

Jeremy