[Xerte] Xerte Dynamic Templates tutorial - clarification

Johnathan Kemp johnathan.kemp at cxstaffs.co.uk
Thu Jul 16 14:22:54 BST 2009

Thanks for all your help :-).

Anyone following the instructions in the help file or XerteDynamic
Templates.pdf file may find the following helpful when using the
tutorial.

By downloading the sample code and referring to it you should be able to
complete your fully working template. I will omit cosmetic stuff like x
and y settings and adding page titles

1. The help version of the tutorial omits a "prompt" node in the xml
file, this is shown in the pdf file version of the tutorial.

2. Learning Object - Setup
There is much more script than is shown in the tutorial - this includes
the defining of quizData and the setting up of arrays for
tracking
built
answers

3. options - protoOption - judge
The script shown omits the code to store the answer

4. options
I think the default for the "perpetual" value is 0 and this needs
setting to 1

5. options - protoOption
The tutorial does not show how values are set for "y" to cause each
option to appear below the previous one, and for "label" to select the
correct label for each option.

Kind regards

Johnathan

Johnathan Kemp