[Xerte] PageTemplate question

Robert Fant rfantster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:49:40 GMT 2009

Greeting All,

I've asked this before but will try to be a little more clear with my
question this time.

Is it possible to start a project using the "PageTemplate", save it,  and
then re-open that project in "raw" mode (plain Xerte)?

The purpose in wanting to do this is that I believe I could look at the code
produced by the template, learn from it and tweak things to produce exactly
what I want.

Example:   In PageTemplate mode I can create a page that has a "Tabbed
Navigator".   In this Tabbed Navigator, it seems that the media that can be
incorporated is text and images.    I would like to use other media in some
of these Tabular pages.
Importing *.swf  or  *.flv  files into other pages is not a problem.

So, I feel that if I could somehow open the file created with the template
with "raw" Xerte, that I could look at the code and get this figured out, or
at least I could try.     I will readily admit that I don't have the skills
to do such a project, starting from scratch.

Thank you for your effort and patience,

--
Robert Fant
Mathematics Instructor